Mario Mola is currently the world’s number one after winning the 2017 World Triathlon Series. Since 2005, Mario has participated in numerous National and International triathlon championships. 2006 saw his first international with the Spanish team and in 2009, Mario gave Spain its first triathlon world championship, a second place in the world duathlon (non-Olympic mode that combines bicycle and foot race) and a European runner triathlon. By 2010 Mario was a fully-fledged member of the Spanish senior team in the World Championship, where he demonstrated his candidacy for London 2012 with a fifth-place finish.
By 2012, Mario was routinely finishing in top 10 positions in both the European Championships and World Triathlon Series and had earned his place as an Olympic contender, placing 19th overall in London. In 2016 he was involved in a dramatic final race of the ITU Triathlon World Series in Cozumel, Mexico. Mario overtook his main rival, Jonny Brownlee of Great Britain, who had succumbed to heat exhaustion just short of the finish line to claim the world title at the last moment possible. After being enshrined among the world’s elite sportsmen, Mario continues to train hard. He always seeks the podium in a sport that continues to attract more followers with each day that passes.
2017 has been an incredible year for Mario with winning the World Triathlon Series 2017.
- Winner of the World Triathlon Series 2017;
- Winner at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Edmonton;
- 14th place at 2017 ITU World Triathlon Montréal;
- Winner of the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Hamburg;
- Winner of the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Yokohama;
- Winner of the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Gold Coast;
- 8th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Abu Dhabi;
- 5th place at the 2016 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Cozumel;
- 8th place at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games; and
- 19th place at the 2012 London Olympic Games.
Latest Athlete Results
|1||27 Jul, 2018 - Elite Men - 00:51:15|
|1||14 Jul, 2018 - Elite Men - 00:53:24|
|2||10 Jun, 2018 - Elite Men - 01:46:01|
|1||12 May, 2018 - Elite Men - 01:44:59|
|4||28 Apr, 2018 - Elite Men - 01:55:45|
|view full results|
|1||2018-07-27 - Elite Men - 00:51:15|
|1||2018-07-14 - Elite Men - 00:53:24|
|2||2018-06-10 - Elite Men - 01:46:01|
|1||2018-05-12 - Elite Men - 01:44:59|
|4||2018-04-28 - Elite Men - 01:55:45|
|view full results|
Latest Results Map
29 Jul, 2017